Sometimes when you root your device, you may feel that it was better without it or you may not be able to update the device when a new update is introduced. You may then want your phone to be like it was earlier. You can then use the Stock Firmware flash files to get your phone as it came. In this article, we are going to discuss how to install the Lyf Jio F220B flash file on your system. Read the tutorial to install the Lyf Jio F220B flash file.
Points to Remember
- First, you will have to make sure that you are using the latest version of the QPST Flash tool. You can download and install the tool from the QPST Flash tool website.
- Next, there are chances that some of your data might be lost if you flash your phone. It is, therefore, must that you must take back up of all your data and files.
- Also, the process of flashing is quite lengthy, and therefore, it is recommended that your phone must be charged up to 50-60% to keep working while the flashing process completes.
- The firmware is released by the company only. Therefore, you must check for the official file before installing or downloading the flash file on your system.
- Your device must have a Qualcomm chipset so that you can use the QPST Flash tool. In case your system does not have a Qualcomm chipset, there are chances that this tutorial will not help you. Your phone must use a NAND or NOR flash device. Also, you can download the boot loader to a phone that has NAND flash.
- If you do not want to use the QPST tool, you can consider using the QFIL Flash tool. Both these tools are provided by the company only. The sequence of steps will remain the same for both the tools as it is mentioned in the article.
- The tool is free to use and the credit for the tool goes to Qualcomm Mobility Inc.
Steps to install the Stock firmware on Jio F220b using QPST Flash Tool
Follow the steps mentioned below to download and install the firmware using the QPST Flash tool on the jio F220b. Make sure you pursue the process in the same order.
- You will first have to download Qualcomm USB Driver on your system and then install it on your system. In case you have already installed the driver on your system, you may skip this step.
- After that, you will have to download the QPST tool on your system. You will then have to follow all the instructions appearing on your screen and install the tool on your system. In your C drive, you will have to look for the Qualcomm\QPST\bin folder and you will get a list of files there. Jio F220B flash file
- Next, you will have to connect your system to the Qualcomm device. You will have to do it using a USB cable.
- After that, you will have to open the file with the name QPST Config. A new prompt will open up and the configuration file will appear.
- You will then have to click on the port option. You will then click on the start client option and choose an option for software download. Jio F220B flash file download
- Once done, the tool will redirect you to the QPST download box.
- Now, you will have to click on the browse option and you will have to look for the firmware. You will then have to click on the firmware that you wish to flash.
- Once done, look for the Boot image option, and under it, you will have to click on the Browse option. Find a file named BOOT_LOADER.HEX.
- You will then have to click on the start option and it will start the flashing process. Jio F220B Stock firmware
- If it doesn’t start, you may have to rename the flash file or make sure that you are using the correct flash file.
- You will then have to wait for it to complete and once completed, you will get a Green Bar.
- Finally, you will have to disconnect your computer and Qualcomm driver. Restart your system.
Follow the steps in the same order to avoid any errors and complexities in the process. Hope the article helps.