SP flash tool is a software application that allows you to flash your mediate device. The flash tool can only be used with the MediaTek chipset based devices. You can use the tool if you want to unbrick your device or update the firmware on your device. If you are not aware of what the SP flash tool is, this article is for you. In this article, we have mentioned all the important information regarding the SP flash tool. We have also mentioned how you can use the SP flash tool. Read the article to know more.
System requirements for SP Flash Tool
Now, in this section of the article, we have mentioned different system requirements that you need on your system to use the SP flash tool. We will advise you to fulfill all the requirements and then only use the SP flash tool.
- First, you will need a laptop or PC.
- After that, to connect the devices, you need to have a USB cable.
- Also, you will have to download the MediaTek drivers on your system. Make sure that you download it from the authenticated website and you download the latest version.
- You will have to also download the scatter file and the file that you want to flash.
- You also need to create a backup of all your data. It is important because post flashing all your data will delete.
Uses of SP Flash Tool
Below we have mentioned different uses of the SP flash tool. Read why you need t use the SP flash tool
- You can use the SP flash tool to flash your android device.
- Other than this, you can also use the flash custom ROM on your device.
- If you have bricked your device, you can use the SP flash tool to fix it.
- Also, you can use the SP flash tool to erase, reset, or format your MTK device.
- Lastly, you can use the SP Flash tool for testing and verifying the advanced memory.
How to download SP Flash Tool
Steps to use SP Flash Tool
Below we have mentioned all the steps that you will have to follow to use the SP Flash Tool. Read the steps carefully and follow the steps in the same way as we have mentioned.
- You will first have to download the MediaTek driver auto-installer on your system and then you will have to install the application by following all the instructions appearing on the screen. In case you have it on your system, you can skip the step.
- After this, you will have to download the firmware file on your system. You will have to then extract the file to your desired location.
- Once done, you will have to download the SP flash tool, and then you will have to extract the contents of the file to another location.
- In the tool folder, you will have to look for the flash tool file and then you will have to click on the file.
- Now, a new tool window will open on your system. You will have to look for the scatter-loading option and look for the scatter file in the RIOM of your device. You will have to also look for the download agent option and then you will have to look for that file too.
- Once done, you will have to untick the option for preloader option. It is a must because if you won’t, there are chances that you will brick your device.
- After this, you will have to click on the download option, and also, you will have to connect the device and the system using the USB cable. One thing that you have to keep in mind is that you will have to turn off your device.
- Also, you will have to press the Volume Up button of your device so that the tool can detect the device. You will see that when the tool will detect the device, the process of flashing will start.
- Once done, you will have to wait for the process to complete, and on the completion, you will see a green ring on the screen.
- Now, you can terminate the tool window and you can restart the system.
This is it. It was all you need to know about the SP flash tool. We have mentioned all the steps that you will have to use to follow to use the SP flash tool. We hope that this article was beneficial for you.